Yesterday I came across a number of songs by The Bill Gaither Trio. A long time ago I had lots of their LP records, and they were great blessing to me. If you want to be blessed, then listen to some good old Gospel songs. Like they say in one of their songs: “I’ve noticed in the paper all the bad news …” The gospel songs are all GOOD NEWS!
This is a very special song, and I have sung it many times in churches. I think I heard Gloria say that they wrote it during the Vietnam war to give hope to people.
6. Between the cross and heaven
When I was a teenager, I saw the movie called Wiretapper. At the end of the movie, the guy gets saved. End. The movie was so exciting, all about gangsters and horse racing, but then the story ends. In my young mind, it seemed like everything was so exciting until he got saved, then there was nothing. However, if you read the book of Acts, you will see what life is supposed to be like after you get saved. I have had lots of exciting experiences in my life.
7. City of gold
10. Feeling at home in the presence of Jesus
11. Fully alive
12. Get all excited
13. Getting used to the family of God
This song spoke to my heart yesterday. We are going to spend eternity together, so believes aught to get along now while we are on earth. I have had lots of church people hate me, and I can’t understand why.
14. God can
16. God took away my yesterdays
I recorded this song on my LP.
19. He’s still the King of kings (and Lord of lords)
21. He touched me
This is one of the most fantastic gospel songs ever written. Thank you Bill Gaither and the Trio.
22. His will
24. I am a promise
25. I am because
26. I am loved
27. I believe, help Thou mine unbelief
29. I could never ever out-love the Lord
30. If it keeps on getting better
32. I heard the voice of Jesus say
33. I’ll walk into that sunset
This is another fantastic gospel song.
35. Into my heart
36. I just feel like something good is about to happen
37. It is finished
39. It’s a miracle
43. I’ve never loved Him Better
47. Jesus loves me
48. Jesus, we just want to thank You
50. Joy in the camp
51. Let’s just praise the Lord
52. Look what’s happened to me
53. Man can’t live by bread alone
56. Plenty of room in the family
57. Precious Jesus
59. Silver that nailed Him to the cross
61. Something worth living for
I think the man who introduced them said that The Gaither Trio have written over 500 songs.
69. The old rugged cross made the difference
70. There’s something about a mountain
This song became a favorite of mine when we were by Table Mountain having meetings back in the 70’s.
71. There’s something about that name
75. This could be the dawning of that day
76. This is the time I must sing
77. Through it all
81. We’ll be there
82. Whenever we agree together
83. Worthy the Lamb
84. Wounded soldier
Thank you to the Bill Gaither Trio for the great blessing you have been to me. May the Lord still bless you abundantly.