I think the first country gospel song I ever heard that was written by Dottie Rambo was ‘Remind me.’ I heard it on a Jimmy Swaggart record that Pastor Marks had lent me back in the 60’s, when I was at college in Salisbury, Rhodesia.
1. Tears will never stain the streets of that city
I first heard this song on a Jerry Lee Lewis country gospel record that I bought at a shop in Pretoria.
3. I just came to talk with you Lord – A Country Gospel Song by Dottie Rambo
4. Sheltered in the arms of God
This is one of my wife’s favorite songs. I bought her a record of Jimmy Swaggart singing it before we got married. At the time, she was living in Swaziland.
I seem to recall hearing that Elvis was going to do a whole album of Dottie Rambo’s songs to help her financially, but died before he had the chance. Apparently, this was the only song of hers that he recorded.
6. I’ve never been this homesick before
I was having meetings with Pastor Eldon King in Arkansas back in 1983, and he had a record of Jimmy Swaggart and John Starnes singing this song. I loved it so much. I was so homesick for Africa. This song dug way down deep inside my heart. A few years later we went back to Africa, and I sung this song a lot!
7. I’m gonna leave here shoutin’
8. Mama’s teaching angels how to sing
9. He looked beyond my fault and saw my need
This song was also on the Jerry Lee Lewis record that I had.
12. Stand by the river – with Dolly Parton
13. New shoes
15. In the valley He restoreth my soul
One time we were having meetings in the Stutterheim area, and my wife wrote her own song on this subject.
16. Pass me not
17. She testifies about her life
19. Songs she wrote to and for her mother
20. Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
This is such an anointed song. Dottie Rambo sure wrote a lot of good old country gospel songs.
21. Telling her stories on Dove Nightline – Part 1
She had a tough childhood – tougher than mine! She had to choose between Jesus and her dad.
22. Part 2
23. Part 3
24. Part 4
25. Part 5
26. Part 6
27. Part 7
28. Part 8
29. Part 9
30. Part 10
31. Part 11
32. Part 12
33. Part 13
34. Part 14
35. Dolly Parton and Larry Ferguson – the rose ceremony
36. Larry Ferguson on Atlanta ‘live’
37. Larry Ferguson on the Jim Bakker Show
38. BBC documentary
39. Her Home-going service Part 1
40. Part 2
41. Part 3
42. Part 4
43. Part 5
44. Part 6
45. Part 7
46. Part 8
47. Part 9
48. Part 10
49. Part 11
50. Part 12
51. Part 14
52. Part 15
53. Part 16
54. Part 17
55. Part 18
56. Part 19
I still sing some of Dottie Rambos country gospel songs like: ‘A prisoner of love.’ Also another one that says: ‘When I’m down, when I’m down on the ground, when my heart is filled with fear and doubt, then I lift up my head, and He lifts up my heart, and my troubles they all roll away.’ When I was in Africa, I had lots of their gospel records. Another one I loved went like this: ‘Mama always had a song to sing, she taught us that a melody could change most anything, so I’ll wipe away my tears, Mama sing me Home sweet home, and nearer my God to Thee, nearer to Thee.’ God bless y’all.