Back in the late 70’s, I was in a record shop in Hillbrow, Johannesburg, and I found an LP of Connie Smith singing “The Baptism of Jesse Taylor.” I was so happy. I had heard that country gospel song on the radio in Virginia, USA back in 1976. Unfortunately I couldn’t find that song on the net, but here are other songs that she sings real good.
You can remember Jesus’ birth any day of the year.
2. Clinging to a saving hand – with Marty Stewart and band
A Gaither video.
Some nice old photos.
4. Come along and walk with me
5. Connie Smith – Country gospel songs medley
6. Crumbs from the table – with Nat Stuckey
7. Family Bible
I had a record of Bobby Bare singing this one. It was written by Willie Nelson.
8. Gathering flowers for the Master`s bouquet
9. God will – with Nat Stuckey
10. He set me free
12. How great Thou art – on the Porter Wagoner Show
13. How great Thou art – with J.D. Sumner and the Stamps
14. I can live forever – with George Jones
15. I saw a man
16. I saw the light
17. I wouldn’t take nothing for my journey now
Connie Smith inspired me to sing this song again. I just sang it in my bedroom about an hour ago!
18. If God is dead (who is this living in my soul) – with Nat Stuckey
19. In the garden
The man who wrote this song had a vision of Mary Magdalene at the garden tomb, and how Jesus came and spoke to her.
20. In the valley (He restoreth my soul)
21. Jesus is your ticket to heaven
This is a real swinging song that I had never heard before. I must learn it.
Back in the 60’s Pat Luffman gave me a tape of Hank Williams singing this song.
23. Just a closer walk with Thee
This was the first song I ever sang in front of people, and I forgot half the words!
24. Nothing but the blood of Jesus – with George Hamilton 1V
25. O holy night
26. Plenty of time
This is a very powerful conviction song. Beloved – get on your knees and give your life to Jesus. He is willing to forgive you all your sins. It just takes a couple of seconds to get saved!
I had a record of Pat Boone singing this one.
I had a record of Jerry Lee Lewis playing piano and sing this lovely country gospel song. It was written by Dottie Rambo.
30. When God dips His love in my heart
31. When God dips His love in my heart – Opryland
33. When Jesus passed by – with the Jerry Sullivan Family
34. Where could I go but to the Lord
35. Whispering hope – with Nat Stuckey
36. Wings of a dove
Connie Smith sings all these country gospel songs so nicely. Thank you.