Back in about 1971 I was having some meetings in Pretoria, and I found a record of Jerry Lee Lewis singing country gospel songs. It was such a big blessing to me.
This country gospel song was such a blessing to me when I had it on a record by Jimmy Swaggart.. Jerry Lee Lewis sings it nice too.
We all have our faults, and Jerry Lee Lewis often mentions his.
One of the greatest worship songs ever written.
7. I know that Jesus will be there – with Linda Gail
Such a lovely song.
8. I saw the light – with Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins
9. I shall not be moved – Million Dollar
One of my all time favorites.
11. I`ll fly away – with Carl and Johnny
12. I’ll fly away – with Mickey Gilley
14. I’m using my Bible for a roadmap – Wait a little longer please Jesus – I long to see Jesus
Dear friend – please read the Bible.
15. In the garden
A “live” performance – I think it is in Austin Texas.
When we first visited America, the church we visited sang this one.
17. Just a little talk with Jesus – Million Dollar Quartet
Elvis does the lead singing here.
18. Life’s railroad to heaven – with steel guitar
This old one takes me way back to my childhood days when my mother sang it in the kitchen while I was playing with my toys outside.
21. Lord, I’ve tried everything but You
Maybe you have tried everything, and are not happy, so why not try the Lord?
22. My God’s not dead – A Jerry Lee Lewis Country Gospel Song
I found this song so exciting.
23. My God is real
“I cannot tell, just how you felt, when Jesus took your sins away.” Have you repented of your sins and received Jesus as your Savior? If not, do it now, before it is too late. I was nearly killed by a car when I was little.
25. Old rugged cross
28. Peace in the valley – Million Dollar Quartet
29. Precious memories – “live” – talking
30. Precious memories – talking – with photos
32. Softly and tenderly – Million Dollar Quartet
33. Speak a little louder to us Jesus
34. Swing down sweet chariot – with the Rust College Quintet
35. This train – with Carl, Roy and Johnny
Carl says it is the last train.
I have often sung this song from Mr. Lewis’ country gospel record. Thanks Jerry Lee.
38. What a friend we have in Jesus 1980
40. When the saints go marching in
In the New Testament, the word “saint” is mentioned 66 times, while the word “Christian” is only mentioned 3 times. (KJV)
41. When they ring those golden bells
This is a very powerful old gospel song. There is one very serious verse he doesn’t sing: “I’ll go with Him through the judgment.”
43. Will the circle be unbroken
This looks like it is at a memorial service for Johnny Cash and June Carter.
44. Old time religion (Memphis Church 1970)
Old Time Religion: Rare Recordings Of Jerry Lee Lewis In Church Preachin’, Shoutin’ and Singin’ at Brother Davis’ Parish, December 13, 1970 01 – Looking For A City 02 – I’m Longing For Home 03 – Life’s Railway To Heaven (Blessed Savior Thou Will Guide Us) 04 – Someone Who Cares 05 – If We Never Meet Again 06 – Down The Sawdust Trail 07 – Peace In The Valley 08 – Precious Memories 09 – The Old Rugged Cross 10 – It Will Be Worth It All 11 – I Know That Jesus Will Be There 12 – I’m In The Glory Land Way 13 – Tomorrow May Mean Goodbye 14 – Amazing Grace 15 – On The Jericho Road 16 – I’ll Fly Away 17 – My God Is Real 18 – What Will My Answer Be 19 – I Won’t Have To Cross Jordan Alone 20 – Keep On The Firing Line